Google Search

Custom Search

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

I'm still here, blog!  I haven't forgotten you again, I promise.  It's just that I have been so busy working on my final projects for school.  I am currently wrapped up in a project  improving an intersection near my home.  That's right, an intersection.  Hours and hours of work on an intersection.  Doesn't it sound fascinating?  The sad thing is, it is fascinating to me.  I am a transporation nerd.  A complete and total geek about it.  I came to this realization slightly later in life.  I don't know how I missed it before because looking back the fascination was always there.  As a suburban kid, I used to love to ride the commuter train or the L into the city (made me feel "urban"!) and as a college kid, I loved road trips. Absolutely LOVED them!  Read On the Road a million times.  (Well, also because I love Jack but we're talking about transporation right now).  Yesterday, in the midst of an insane day that involved my son's first day at a new daycare/preschool and meeting with my school partner among other things, I took four L rides and three bus rides, some with my son and some alone.  It was the best part of my day.  No joke.       Well, more about all that later.......... 
So anyway, I am just checking in.  Sorry to be so neglectful.  You're welcome, 40, for the virtual birthday card.  I knew you would like it!  I love the square wreaths you posted but I think I'm more a circle person today.  Which is odd because usually I prefer squares.

By the way,if you like this picture, you can buy the poster here.
-35

No comments:

Post a Comment